2012 JACK’S THURSDAY NIGHT LIGHTS $2500 GRANT CONTEST
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be currently enrolled in a private or public Alabama high school, who are 13 years of age or older and reside in the Birmingham DMA viewing area. Birmingham DMA viewing area as follows: Jefferson, Shelby, Bibb, Chilton, St. Clair, Blount, Walker, Hale, Greene, Tuscaloosa, Pickens, Fayette, Marion, Winston, Cullman, Etowah, Calhoun, Talladega, Cherokee, Clay, and Coosa.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WTTO, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WABM-My68 (the "Station") WTTO, Jack’s Family Restaurants, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Only one entry per IP address per day during the contest period.
(b) To enter, log onto www.wabm68.com and click on contests. Look for the "Jack’s Thursday Night Lights $2500 Grant Contest" logo. Enter your name, address, phone number, birth date, email address, high school name and county and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. All required fields on the entry page must be completed.
(c) The contest starts on August 30, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. CDT, and ends at 12:00p.m. CDT on November 9, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). Entries must be received by 10:00 p.m. CDT on each Thursday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing. Station and sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each Friday during the Contest Period beginning August 31, 2012 and ending November 2, 2012, one (1) winner each week will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of ten (10) individual winners. On November 9, 2012, one (1) grand prize winning high school will be randomly selected from among the schools listed on the ten (10) individual winning entries. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(e) All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Ten (10) winners will be selected, one per week beginning August 31, 2012 through November 2, 2012. Each weekly winner will receive a $25 gift card & Jack’s Family Restaurant. One (1) grand prize winning high school will receive a grant in the amount of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) to be used for educational purposes only. The Student Council of the winning school shall vote to determine the use of such grant funds for the benefit of the students.
2. Winners will be notified by email. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within fifteen (15) days of notification. If a winner is a minor, then the winner's parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will not be awarded. No alternate winners will be chosen from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any one-hundred and eighty (180) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. WTTO, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WTTO, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and sponsors are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WTTO, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and sponsors have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTTO- CW21 and WABM-MY68 at 651 Beacon Pkwy West Suite 105, Birmingham, AL 35209 and on the Station's website at www.wabm68.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Jack’s Thursday Night Lights Administrator, 651 Beacon Pkwy West Suite 105, Birmingham, AL 35209 by December 2, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. WTTO, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Jack’s Family Restaurants, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.